Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Phil's birthday

I forgot to mention at the end of the previous week, Jon and I went out for his brother's birthday. It was nice to be able to go out. We were about an hour and a half late getting there, at which point most of the guests were already sloshed. And our appetizer took about another hour and half to arrive (literally). But we had fun  just hanging out and talking. After almost everyone else left, his sister donated her game card so that Jon and I could play a few rounds at game I turned out to be rather good at. We got an extraordinary amount of tickets in 15 minutes time and then walked around the place to see if we could find any kids still there after 11 pm. We found one of about ten years old with her parents and it made my night to see her eyes light up at the amount of tickets we handed her. Then we held hands and skipped out to our car  to head home. Really.

We smiled at each other as Jon put the key in the ignition and... nothing. not even one pitiful turn. It seems I left the light on in the car while at Dave and Busters and that 2 hours of time killed the battery. Erica drove all the way back out to jump our car, even though she had to work in the morning (Thanks, sis!) and played 20 questions with us while we waited. Apparently I play the game wrong.After about another hour, we made no progress and called our insurance company to come and tow our car. As soon as we hung up, the people who owned the car next to us showed up and insisted we try their magic Box. No sooner had we hooked up it than the car started. It was like flipping a switch. I'm definitely adding those to our Christmas lists for next year!

I wish I would have had the presence of mind to snap pictures of our rescuers and their magic box, but sadly, I did not. I did, however, take a couple from earlier in the night. Enjoy!

 Phil and Jon


 Erica with her roommate Jess


Jon and Me


Taking pictures while waiting for Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment