Monday, April 15, 2013

Just popping in!

Just popping in for a quick message since I haven't been able to write in a while, and it'll probably still be a few weeks at least til I can sit down and really write. In the meantime, I'm writing down blogging topics when I think of them. :]

To family that have been wanting to know what we've been up to:

just tons of the same! We pulled Lily out of preschool to spend the second half of the year at home with me (may have already mentioned that). Ella is doing amazing in Kindergarten- she learned how to read months ago and loves the same chapter books that I did when I was her age, which is really cool. She's helping to teach her sister how to read too. Jon is busy with his job at Westinghouse and we've enjoyed actually going on dates and regularly spending time together. I'm almost done with my (first?) degree. I know my dad wants me to continue on and I may at some point- I like school. But I've spent three years (ahhh can't believe it's been that long) completing this one and there are so many other things I'd rather be doing with my time at this point in my life. School can wait, people are much more important. That being said, I'm really happy that I'm almost done. March was a horrible month between extreme sickness, horrible weather, traveling all over the place and too many deaths. Because of all the personal stuff going on, I really skimped on my classes and did the bare minimum. But this last week, I really pushed through, finishing one class and getting caught up in two others. Just a couple more weeks to go!

I'm in three bible studies, although my attendance has not been all that stellar with everything else going on. But I'm really enjoying the new things I'm learning and  the new friendships we're making. And Jon and I celebrated our 8th anniversary last week. Happy. :]

More to come soon, hopefully. And hope everyone else is thawing and enjoying spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment