Sunday, January 26, 2020

The Major's Daughter (Fort Reno #3) by Regina Jennings book review


43887271. sy475

The Major's Daughter

(Fort Reno #3)

by
Caroline Adams returns to Indian Territory craving adventure after tiring of society life. When she comes across swaggering outlaw Frisco Smith, his dreams to obtain a piece of property on the Unassigned Lands are very persuasive. When the gun sounds, they find themselves battling over a claim--and both dig in their heels.
 
 
 
 
My Review: 9/10

This is one of my new favorite books by this author- which is really saying something. Probably because it's equal parts fascinating history and interesting characters. As much as I liked Caroline, I liked Frisco even more. I felt the tension and worry as they navigated sticky situations in uncharted waters - competing over land, starting a new town, dealing with likely corruption, personal interests vs the good of the group, major disagreements with friends and family, just to name a few. The problems were believable and without easy solutions. Caroline and Frisco both brought a good mix of grit, wit, humor and charm. I already can't wait to read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment