Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Kneaders Bakery & Cafe: A Celebration of Our Best Recipes and Memories Colleen Worthington - book review

Kneaders Bakery & Cafe: A Celebration of Our Best Recipes and Memories

The story of Kneaders Bakery and Cafe began with Colleen and Gary Worthington baking traditional European bread in their kitchen. After mastering old-world bread-baking techniques and testing countless recipes, Colleen, Gary, and their growing team of bakers moved onto their signature artisan bread.

But bread is just the beginning. Kneaders is well-known for their mouth-watering soups, sandwiches, and breakfast as well as their delectable pies, cakes, and pastries. For the first time, home cooks have access to popular recipes such as Overnight Chunky Cinnamon French Toast, Artichoke Portobello Soup, and Blueberry Sour Cream Pie. Beautiful and appetizing photos accompany each recipe.

What began in Colleen Worthington’s kitchen a little more than twenty-five years ago has grown into a successful family-owned bakery and cafe business with time-tested, delicious recipes gathered in this one-of-a-kind cookbook.
 
 
 
 
 

My Review: 8/10 

 I had never heard of this company (being an east coaster) before this book, but requested an ARC of it when I saw it on one of my favorite publisher's list; I'm always looking for delicious new recipes.

I always enjoy learning the personal stories that go along with recipes. If you're familiar with Kneaders, you'll probably enjoy the personal anecdotes and spotlights on key people even more.

I'm excited about the collection of recipes. So far, I've tried two (wedding soup was my favorite so far), both delicious, both crowd pleasers in my home. I also really liked that there are practical tips with most every recipe. I feel like I've bookmarked half the book and I can't wait to try out more - most especially breads and desserts!

No comments:

Post a Comment