Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Book Review: A Captain for Caroline Gray by Julie Wright

 


Welcome to my tour stop: Book Review of A Captain for Caroline Gray! Julie Wright is a new-to-me author, since I spend a lot of time in historical novels. I am always so excited when I stumble on a new author to love in one of my favorite genres, and that was definitely the case with this book.  Without further ado:



My review: 8.5/10

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. We got off to a bit of a rocky start, with a little too much immediate interest on one side in my opinion. This gave me a bad taste, assuming things were going to fall into line and play out the same way they had in countless other similar stories. But I was wrong. While there were some over the top moments and a few cliches, Caroline is a steady, interesting character. She is capable of being wrong... and admitting it. And better, she is capable of change. I saw a lot of growth in her, through each of her relationships. I appreciated the realistic depictions of life on a ship (good, bad, and ugly) and that supporting characters had depth and shades of gray to them as well.


Hoping for more historical offerings from this author!



 

GET YOUR COPY HERE:

 

AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE BOOK DEPOSITORY | BOOKSHOP

| DESERET BOOK | GOODREADS

 

 

 

 
NEXT TOUR STOPS:

 

March 10       Laura's Reviews

March 10       My Bookish Bliss 

 

 

 

·         #ACaptainforCarolineGray, #HistoricalRomance, #RegencyRomance, #InspirationalFiction #ChristianFiction, #JulieWright, #BlogTour  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment