A lot has happened in the last couple months since I last wrote! I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with this- I've rarely had a free moment and when I stole one or two, this was the farthest thing from my mind. In 5 more weeks Jon and I will both be done with this semester and that should no longer be a problem. In the meantime, I'm going to work on trying to post updates, even if they more closely resemble twitter updates.
Since the end of January:
* We moved out of our townhome officially. It was really unemotional; Jon finished cleaning/packing the last two nights, so I didn't even say goodbye and the girls didn't care- they were too excited about living with grandma. We have driven over to the leasing office one time a couple of weeks ago and the girls didn't even recognize the place (they used to know Freedom and Haine School Road when we made our turns)!
* We had a fun debate with the leasing office as they tried to nickel and dime us over every thing possible and imagined. We are still in negotiations and we're currently on a payment plan. Fun. It left such a bitter taste that it has completely turned me off of renting, oh, for forever.
* Jon and I both have been spending a TON of time in class, studying, at church, doing bible study/CLC and at work.
* My bible study ends in two weeks, which is pretty bittersweet for me- I really need the extra time, but it was the one thing that I did for me and really helped focus my priorities when I felt overwhelmed.
*Jon and I managed to have a few dates! We've gone bowling and out to dinner twice! This may not seem like anything special, but we hadn't had a date in over 6 months, and considering our time restraints, this was major!
* We came very close to buying an auction property. It was a cute little house that would have required some work and upkeep, but we were getting it at a steal. The auction fell through at the last minute because it was so restricted that we essentially had to buy the home with cash. So we backed out. I was pretty upset about it for awhile, but I'm over it now. God provides, and it seems like he has some really exciting things in line for us (sorry for being cryptic, but I don't want to get attached to anything until things are cemented).
*I've had a ton of work drama for the last couple of months, which has really been consuming me. It's not been good. It's led me to the decision that I need a new hobby. Something else I can devote my time to that is positive and so I won't feel like my job and its issues own me. I'm looking for something silly or light starting as soon as this semester ends, and I'm taking suggestions!
That's about it for now, plus I'm way out of time.
Lots of Love!