Saturday, January 29, 2011

One step at a time

So we are just about done with the townhome. It took way more time than we thought it would. I have been driving out there every night after working 12-13 hours and then staying there another 5 to pack and clean. These two weeks have just been the most exhausting. Katie (who was been my cleaning buddy for two straight days) made a good point: whether or not I get everything done that I wanted, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. One I can see. This will end one way or another in a couple of days. But for me, it's ended as of last night! It was 2 am and I ran out of boxes and I'd inhaled so many chemical vapors, that I just called it quits. Jon has taken over as Foreman.

I'm really looking forward to seeing my girls. I miss them like crazy.

Things have jumped into overdrive now that school has picked up again.

Just as I was embracing a shortage of hours this semester so that I could spend more time with my family, school work, and home projects, I find out the shortage is "delayed." I'm expecting that this is going to mean no actual change unless I change it myself. Which I do not anticipate doing any time soon.

It has been wearing us out a bit, and the days are really melting by, but I think I've been doing a pretty good balancing act. I've been keeping up with everything so far. Jon is still trying to get caught up, but in another week or so, we will have hopefully fallen into a good rhythm.

In about 2 weeks, we will be planning Lily's 3rd birthday! I cannot believe my baby girl is already so big. Usually we have a gathering at our place, but in light of everything, I think maybe this year we might consider going some place.

Once 90% of my waking time is free from cleaning/packing I will have more interesting things to share. I promise!

-Lyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment