Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Update (part 2)

continuing...


February:

This month is almost at a close. It's been a lot like last month, little of significance, but constant chaos.

I did my Premier "daughter's" training show and have been mentoring her through the beginning of building her business. I hope I'm this blessed with all of my business relationships. She's really easy to talk to, naturally good at being a jeweler and has so much potential. I like her a lot! 

I have 3 other shows for this month. I'm expecting to pay off my investment by the end of month and start turning profit next month. Which is really exciting for me on a number of levels. It's one more thing to check off my NYR list. It's a lot more encouraging/motivating to be in the green rather than digging my way out of the red. And, as the weather gets better, I'm expecting my shows to stabilize, and I can get to work on that budget!

Jon is excelling in all of his classes and is increasingly more interested in what he's learning, which means that I'm conversing about computer science a lot more than I ever wanted to. I'm adjusting to this gracefully, haha. I miss him like crazy and have started a weekly countdown to his graduation (43 weeks). But I'm adjusting better to the emotional aspect more each day too. Almost two months has already gone by. Jon doesn't share my optimism, but I hope that he won't have to work overnights and Saturdays for the next ten months. I look forward to any necessary changes that something like an internship would bring, even if it only lasted for the summer.

My classes fit my needs right now better than I could have possibly imagined. I'm working so much ahead in the one class, that I hope to have it completed within another 2-3 weeks, which will make the remainder of the semester a lot more manageable.

Ella and Lily started up Ballet classes again. That's an experience that writing can do no justice to. I'll try to remember to take video of it and post on here for family.

Jon just got his car issues resolved. So, naturally my car started having engine and power problems yesterday. I expect we'll exceed the 1k mark in repairs by the end of the month, with 90% of that belonging to my car. It just occured to me that my car is 10 years old, I really hope this isn't the beginning of the end. :/

This Saturday, Sunday, and Monday all belong to Premier, with shows and meetings. I'm really looking forward to it. I love my job.

In a week, Erica and I are leaving for a roadtrip through the following Monday. I cannot wait.

Annnnd every day it gets a little warmer out. I'm itching to start gardening, building a fence, etc. I can't wait to be able to open the windows and smell spring. I can't wait to pack away the heated blankets, space heaters, coats, gloves and Ugg boots. I'm craving both sunshine and thunderstorms. Spring draws closer each day! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment