Thursday, July 12, 2012

Insurgent Review

Insurgent (Divergent, #2)

Insurgent

by
 
One choice can transform you, or destroy you. Every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves, and herself, while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.
 
 
 
 
 My Review: 8.5/10 
 
It was a little slow going for the first half and Tris was really irritating me with the constant contradictions (ie I am strong, I am not strong. I can do this, but I can't do this). It was a whole lot of nothing. Maybe I'm not very compassionate and/or maybe it was supposed to show her confusion and numbness, but I really just found it ineffective and annoying. The second half was so much better. I liked the conversations with Jeanine. And I thought the ending was great too. If nothing else, I would at least say that this book stands alone and does not succumb to the "middle book syndrome." Looking forward to reading "Detergent" when it comes out in a little over a year. :]
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment