Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Book Review: Rakes and Roses (Mayfield Family #3) by Josi S. Kilpack



Welcome to my tour stop: Book Review of Rakes and Roses! Josi Kilpack is my favorite author in the Proper Romance line... and one of my favorites of all time because she just consistently hits it out of the park. And she creates some of the most human and relatable characters I have ever come across. I particularly love this series about Elliot Mayfield's family.  Let's get right into it!







This is another story in the series of Elliot Mayfield's nieces and nephews. He has set aside a particular inheritance for each if they marry well - a person he approves of. Harry is a gambler and a drunkard and finds himself at the end of his rope... and under a young widow's care in her home. She is independent, wealthy and mistrustful of men in general, yet determined to help him. It's a wonderful story of hard work and fresh starts.
 
My Review: 9/10

 One of my favorite books to read is when there are characters who undergo personality transformation, whether it be through circumstances, natural growth, or the influence of another character. I love to see believable and inspiring change. This novel had that. Add a strong female lead and a sweet romance and I'm hooked.



*** SPOILERS AHEAD***













I think it would have been an even stronger story over multiple books or a more drawn out time period, as overcoming addiction and/or alcholism can often take much more time than is portrayed in the story. However, it was still within the realm of reason, since we meet Harry at rock bottom and there is within him a desire to change.

***END SPOILERS***











 I absolutely adore this series. Can't wait for more!



 GET YOUR COPY HERE:


 



 NEXT TOUR STOPS:


May 07           Fire and Ice

May 07           Gwendalyn's Books






#RakesAndRosesBlogTour #HistoricalRomance, #RegencyRomance, #ChristianFiction, #InspirationalFiction, #Reading, #JosiSKilpack, #ShadowMountain 

No comments:

Post a Comment