Sunday, November 21, 2021

Book Review: Love and Lavender by Josi S. Kilpack

 


 

Welcome to my tour stop: Book Review of Love and Lavender by Josi S. Kilpack.I have been a long time fan of Ms. Kilpack, and love most everything she writes, but especially those in the historical romance genre. And I look forward to each new book in the Mayfield family series. But this book stood out as one of the best she's ever written, and that's saying something.

I love that Ms. Kilpack does not shy away from difficult characters. Hazel and Duncan's physical, mental, and emotional challenges made their connection and growth that much more meaningful. Their love story was so sweet, so beautiful.

This is a book I will return to again and again. The best of the best.


Original review:

May 25 2021: 10/10

 Phenomenal. This book was phenomenal. The very best in the series.

The story revolves around two characters (extremely) rarely represented in historical fiction, much less historical romance: one with a clubbed foot and one with autism. And it was SO well done.

I've always loved the Mayfield family plot line. Add to that a cast of interesting characters, complicated human relationships, relatable tension, personal growth, and changing dreams. It's a recipe for perfection.

I loved it so much that I immediately started reading it again after I finished because it was just wonderful and nothing else would do.

Can't recommend enough.


GET YOUR COPY HERE:

AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | BOOK DEPOSITORY | BOOKSHOP | GOODREADS

 

NEXT TOUR STOPS:

Nov 22          My Jane Austen Book Club
Nov 23          My Bookish Bliss

 

 

#LoveAndLavender, #HistoricalRomance, #RegencyRomance, #InspirationalFiction, #BlogTour, #NewBooks, #AustenprosePR

 

No comments:

Post a Comment