Wednesday, January 18, 2012

First resolution achieved!

January is one of my favorite months for a simple reason. It is the time of the year that we sell the most on half.com. About 6 or 7 times as much as any other given month, to be exact. It is the one month that book sales overtakes the book expenses Jon and I have to pay for our current classes. It takes a weight off my shoulders by clearing up some limited space and makes the outrageous text book prices hurt a little less, because I got most of that back. Any books that didn't sell last fall or the year before, have the best chance in January. And this year, it helped us to accomplish our first of 12 goals (aka New Years Resolutions) to pay off our last credit card purely from extra income (rather than deducting from the Off Limits Savings). I didn't think it would happen so quickly, but I finally got around to cleaning out baby bins, old game systems, etc and listed a lot of stuff on ebay (something I'd been putting off for over a year). This made up the other half of payments. The end result is that one area of debt has been completely eliminated! It feels great! One resolution down, 11 to go! Now to work on paying off my school loans....

No comments:

Post a Comment