Monday, December 10, 2012

The Lady of Bolton Hill Review

The Lady of Bolton HillThe Lady of Bolton Hill

 
When Clara Endicott and Daniel Tremain's worlds collide after twelve years apart, the spark that was once between them immediately reignites into a romance neither of them thought possible.

But time has changed them both.

Daniel is an industrial titan with powerful enemies. Clara is an idealistic journalist determined to defend underprivileged workers.

Can they withstand the cost of their convictions while their hearts--and lives--hang in the balance?




My Review: 1/10

The cover was beautiful, that's about all I can say. In fact, this seems to be an increasingly frequent occurance; I'm beginning to suspect that a beautiful cover is overcompensating for something, and I think I'm going to need to make an effort to seek out plain, nondescript covers and stear clear of these ones.

Anyway, I read the first 10 or so chapters and as soon as the villain makes his appearance, I thought, you have to be kidding me. So cheesy. And the relationship between Clara and Daniel is completely unbelieveable. They immediately pick up where they left off and clear all the misunderstandings between them in ONE conversation. It didn't give me anything to invest in. So I skimmed the rest of the way through, reading paragraphs or pages at a time, and finished thinking, I am so glad I did not waste my time reading every word. Kind of ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment